Gluten-Free, Vegan Pasta Primavera Recipe
This recipe is easy, delicious, filling, healthy and versatile.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice gluten-free pasta. (I like the spirals)
- 1 tablespoon refined organic coconut oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls chopped Asian mushrooms
- 4 or 5 organic tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 large handfuls of rainbow chard, chopped small
- a few saffron strands
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- dried red pepper flakes to taste
Place pasta in boiling water for 12 minutes, or until al dente. Do not over cook.
Rinse pasta in cold water and drain well
Meanwhile, dry out pot and melt coconut oil.
Saute garlic for 1 minute on low heat. Add mushrooms and continue to saute for 3 minutes.
Add pasta back into pot.
Add tomatoes and nutritional yeast, and mix well. Break up tomatoes so that mixture stays moist.
Add in saffron strands and chopped rainbow chard. Mix gently with a fork.
Remove pasta primavera from heat
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and add dried red pepper flakes for a great kick!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.