Are You Doing Enough To Fight The Food Industry?
Mass production of food is literally making us sick. The original intention of the food industry was to feed more people as our population boomed, but as this industry increased in size, intentions got lost, money prevailed, and greed entered into the equation. Today the food industry is in bed with the health care industry.
If people don’t eat well, they get sick and they are sold drugs to “cure” those illnesses, which in many cases lead to more problems. It's a perpetual loop. We all know the importance of a healthy diet in preventing disease, yet this simple wisdom is ignored. Fast food and processed food have become addictions that are linked to diabetes, cancer, and many other health problems.
As Americans, what can we do to reverse the effects of this industry on our own health and take back control?
1. Eat organic. Avoid consuming unwanted pesticides, hormones and GMOs. Did you know that with over 40,000 brands on the shelves of supermarkets today, only about 5 companies actually produce it all and many products are a derivative of GMO corn and soy? The current standards and health codes that we think are being enforced are actually regulated loosely and the food industry is run almost entirely by just a few companies. We know about the use of pesticides and hormones, and ammonia to color our meats. What else are we ingesting? What don't we know about?
2. Shop at farmer’s markets. Meet the growers of the produce you buy. These foods are organic. The farmers live and work locally so you're reducing your carbon footprint in addition to taking charge of your food supply.
3. Eat seasonally. Our bodies were designed to thrive on food that grows naturally in each of the four seasons and in our environment. For example, certain food properties help our systems in cold weather versus warm weather. By eating this way, you will avoid genetically modified foods.
4. Grow your own food. If you have a little space in a yard, try a basic essentials garden. You'll appreciate the love that goes into the food. The vibration of the food that you are eating will be higher through that love.
5. Flex your spending power. Ask for more organic food at your local grocery stores.
6. Pack your lunch. When you make your own food, you have control over what goes in and out of your body. Don’t let fast food convenience be an excuse to not having food choices that are good for you.
7. Cleanse to boost your immune system. Just as you would change the oil in your car, it’s great to flush your system of toxic residue. Participate in a whole food cleanse to clean your digestive tract. It will increase your ability to absorb nutrients.
8. Take probiotics and superfoods. Keep your stomach strong and maintain your overall health by boosting your digestive and immune system.
9. Raise your food’s vibration. Bless the food you've been given and raise its vibration. You can read about the studies done by Dr. Masaru Emoto’s water blessings and how positive thought alters the crystalline structure of water. There is energy in whole food also that translates directly to your body .
Eat well and stay healthy!
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.