It really stinks to use the oven or stovetop in the dog days of summer, when it's just too hot to add all that extra heat to your home. In my last post
, I offered a ceviche recipe that's fresh, cooling, and (best of all) doesn't need any cooking.
Today I have a vegan spicy zucchini salad that's guaranteed to be delicious no matter how hot it gets. One of the nice things about this recipe is that you can adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste.
- sweet corn in the husk
- fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- apple cider vinegar
- salt + pepper
1. Chop zucchini into bite-size pieces, place into a large mixing bowl.
2. Remove corn husk and remove corn from the cob, add to mixing bowl.
3. Finely chop scallions, basil and jalapeño, add to mixing bowl.
4. Drizzle EVOO.
5. Add a splash of apple cider vinegar.
6. Squeeze lime juice.
7. Salt and pepper to taste, and mix all of the ingredients.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com