- Sports bras should fit snug, but not constrict breathing. If the bra cuts into your skin, it’s too small. If it is bunching, has gaps or is wrinkling, it’s too big.
- To get the support you want, the girls should barely move when you jog in place.
- Use specialty stores because they have sports bras designed specifically for exercise enthusiasts and athletes.
- To prevent chafing, look for moisture-wicking fabrics and look for bras that are seamless or have covered seams. Moisture-wicking fabrics also offer the bonus of keeping you cooler as you exercise.
- Stay away from sports bras that are 100% cotton, because as you sweat, the bras will get wet and stay wet.
Four companies I love include:
1. Anita: Their bras are made of breathable fabrics, which guarantee your skin remains dry. They're great for women in larger cup sizes.
2. CW-X.com: Their bras are categorized by medium-impact and high-impact activities, which makes it easy to shop for your needs.
3. Enell.com: These are great for well-endowed women.
4. Lululemon.com: Their bras range in support from moderate to full for high impact sports. They include details such as removable cups for added coverage, flat seams for chafe resistance, and seamless options for a second skin feel.
No longer will you have to wear a couple of sports bras layered on top of each other to get the support you need. Sports bras will increase your comfort, prevent bouncing, and decrease chafing. Now just find the support that’s the right fit for YOU!
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com