Coco-Nutty Granola Recipe: A Foolproof Craving Buster
Every week, I help hundreds of people quit sugar, and so far, the most foolproof craving-buster that keeps coming up would have to be this healthy treat.
Makes 5 cups
- 4-5 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pepitas (preferably activated ones), chopped roughly
- (optional) 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup (I don’t sweeten my granola at all. Perhaps do half a batch with, half without and see what you like.)
Preheat oven to 120 C (about 250 degrees Fahrenheit).
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, spread evenly on baking paper on a tray, and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
When golden, remove and cool immediately to get it crispy. (I like mine quite dark; the darker it is, the crunchier it is.)
Some clever ways to eat this treat:
- In a fancy stemless wine glass
- Layered with berries and yogurt as a parfait
- Sprinkled on top of frozen coconut milk
Photo courtesy of Coconut and Cardio
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.