12 Ways To Create Your Happiness, Right Now

Personally, I strive to implement these steps into my life on a constant basis. Of course, negativity and doubt try to take over sometimes, but I always do my best to get back to positivity and self-love quickly. When I do, happiness floods in and fills me right up.

1. Don’t compare yourself to others. It's completely toxic and will only distract you from being your best self. Be authentically you because everyone else is taken.

2. Ditch judgement . Everyone is on their own, unique journey. Learn to appreciate that. If everyone was exactly the same life would be boring.

3. Stop worrying about what others are doing. This distracts us from our purpose and our own special gifts. Trust your gut. Remember how awesome you are and be authentically you.

Think of this affirmation: “What you think you become.”

4. "Don’t chase fame, success or love, become the best version of yourself and those things will chase you." Enough said.

5. Accept compliments. Have you ever met someone who immediately after giving them a compliment turns it around by telling you you’re a)wrong or b) saying something like, “That’s not true, but thanks anyway.” ? Learn to accept and appreciate when people go out of their way to treat you with kindness and praise you for your accomplishments and fabulous qualities.

6. Choose love vs. fear. Gabrielle Bernstein teaches us this important lesson in her book, Spirit Junkie. She explains how (with the help from, A Course in Miracles) she left a life filled with negativity, doubt and ego for one filled with positive energy, authenticity and true happiness. Let us strive to do the same.

7. Exercise. Move your body, we’re made for it. Whether it’s in the form of dancing in your room, cleaning the house, going to the gym, mountain biking, yoga or walking your dog; just get up and make it fun as possible.

8. Listen to your body. Our bodies are miraculous. Take a minute to appreciate the fact that our hearts continuously beat away, our lungs keep allowing breath to flow and the ability it has to comprehend what foods it needs to flourish & thrive. Listen to it, acknowledge that it is smarter than you are. Experiment and allow your body to have a chance to help you eat clean and practice true healthy living.

9. Be the change you wish to see. Ask yourself, “What is my purpose? What is my special gift?” And go do it. The world needs you.

10. Make sure to live the life you really want. Make sure it feels good on the inside and doesn't just look good on the outside.

11. Eat clean. The way we eat has a drastic affect on our mood and hormones. Nourish your body. Eat real, whole foods without labels, drink green smoothies & juices and get back to basics. You are what you eat. Learn to let, "Food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -Hippocrates

12. Get enough sleep. Sleep affects us drastically. It plays a huge role in our mood, ability to lose weight and be our most productive selves. Make sure to get at least 8 hours per night. You can read more about this here.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!