9 Principles For A Harmonious Life
You May Also Enjoy

7 Ways Yoga Gives Me An Edge In Silicon Valley

My lifestyle allows me to live between two worlds. I work in tech, and I'm a yoga junkie. When I'm in yoga class and I mention that I work in online venture capital, I often note people’s slight Read

We all need support to be more present, balanced, and available each day, and to nurture ourselves in the midst of life’s demands. According to the philosophy of Breema, a holistic system that uses movement and touch integrated with universal principles, there is an all-inclusive harmony, which is preserved by the dynamic interaction of the Nine Principles of Harmony. By becoming familiar with these principles and developing a working relationship with them, we can increase harmony in all aspects of our lives.
Let’s start with:

Body Comfortable: At any moment you “check in” with yourself, you’ll find there's something small you can do to make your body more comfortable. As you continue to work with this seemingly obvious principle, you'll discover an unfolding depth to it that never ends. For example, you may find out that your body isn’t truly comfortable when your mind or emotions aren’t. Going deeper, you may see that the people around you have to be comfortable, too, in order for you to really be comfortable. 
This naturally leads into another of the Nine Principles: Mutual Support. Working with this principle, you find that when all the parts of the body support each other, you function better. Going a little deeper, the mind has to support the body, and body has to support the mind. In true giving, you simultaneously receive.
Mutual Support flows into yet another principle: Full Participation (in fact, every principle is connected to all of the other principles). True fulfillment is achieved by fully participating in whatever you are doing. When you engage your whole body in an activity, and bring the mind's relaxed attention to it (while doing it willingly), body, mind and feelings are working together, participating fully.
Working with the Nine Principles is very fulfilling. Your relationship to the principles is between you and yourself, and can start wherever you are. There's no one to judge you. Any step you take helps build a more meaningful and practical relationship with them.

Body Comfortable, Mutual Support, No Extra, Full Participation, No Judgment, Firmness and Gentleness, Single Moment/Single Activity, No Hurry/No Pause, and No Force.
Breema helps you remember — not mentally, but experientially — that you have a body, by supporting the unified function of your body, mind and emotions. Feel free to explore the Nine Principles to guide yourself to a more harmonious life.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

You May Also Enjoy

8 Reasons Surfing Helps You Ride The Waves Of Life

This year my yoga practice landed me in Costa Rica twice and San Diego once to experience the power of riding waves. It was during one of my first times out on the water, lying on my board that I Read

About the Author

Jon Schreiber, D.C.’s newest book, The Four Relationships and Other Essential Insights, will be published in July. He is the director of the Breema Center (in Oakland, California), which teaches the Art of Being Present, and uses the transformational tools of Breema bodywork, Self-Breema exercises, and the Nine Principles of Harmony to support us to unify mind, feelings, and body, and create harmony in our relationship to ourself, to others, and to all life. Since 1980 he has been teaching nationally and internationally, and is the author of numerous books and articles on the philosophy, principles, and practice of Breema, including Breema and the Nine Principles of Harmony and Waking Up to This Moment. 

Comments
Popular