20 Dumb Ways You Settle For Less

We all have habits and daily routines, but some of those habits can unconsciously keep us from reaching our goals.

As spring kicks in, I've started a personal fear cleanse and completely overhauled my life, starting with removing thought patterns, people and habits that no longer serve me. The results have been tremendous. I've lost weight, gained self-confidence and self-love. My career is flourishing, and I'm more present and peaceful in every area of my life.

If you want to be happy and healthy, consider giving up these 20 things:

1. Settling for something because you think it's the best you can get.

2. Changing yourself to get someone to like you.

3. Believing that your personal worth is tied to the number on the scale.

4. Trusting your head over your heart.

5. Worrying about your future.

6. Giving up on your dreams.

7. Believing other people’s opinions of you matter.

8. Clinging to expectations.

9. Judging and comparing yourself to others.

10. Avoiding your true feelings.

11. Letting your fear hold you back.

12. Talking badly about yourself to yourself and others.

13. Poor health habits and an unhealthy body.

14. Focusing on what you don't want.

15. Gossiping. Blaming. Manipulating.

16. Working too hard.

17. Staying in any situation that doesn't serve you.

18. Eating sugar.

19. Holding on to resentments.

20. Looking outside of yourself to find your happiness.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

You May Also Enjoy

20 Tips To Feel Way More Powerful & Confident

As we wander through life, we encounter many relationships — familial, social, romantic, professional — with people who impact our lives and our sense of self (often times, they affect us more than  Read

To learn more about happiness, check out our video course How To Create More Happiness & Meaning In Your Life.
About the Author

Shannon Kaiser has been labeled a "New Thought leader on the Rise," by Café Truth. She's helped thousands of people worldwide through her private life coaching practice, articles, her bestselling book, meditation albums, workshops, courses, and her award winning website PlayWithTheWorld.com.

She's an inspirational author, speaker, travel journalist, teacher, and life coach who left her successful career in advertising several years ago to follow her heart to be a writer. She is the bestselling author of Find Your Happy, an Inspirational Guide to Loving Life to Its Fullest, and a six-time contributing author to Chicken Soup for The Soul.

Her work has been recognized in media outlets across the world such as Good Morning America, Good Day New York, Inside Edition, HuffPost Live, Health Magazine, and Australian Vogue, and she writes for MindBodyGreen, Huffington Post, Healing Lifestyles & Spas and The Daily Love. Everything Shannon does is to help you connect to your true self and unapologetically live your authentic purpose. She's currently finishing her next book Adventures for Your Soul (Penguin, May 2015). She lives in Portland, OR with her adventure buddy, her dog Tucker.

Visit her online at PlayWithTheWorld.com, Facebook, and Twitter.

Comments
Popular