5 Simple Habits To Revitalize Your Health
Revitalizing your health can seem like a daunting task, especially with all the options out there. People are turning to fad diets and low-fat foods to become thinner with no attention to what it means to actually be healthy. Following these quick and easy tricks can turn you into a wellness warrior the right way in no time!

1. Rise with a deep stretch. 

What is the first thing you do when you wake up? If you didn’t say stretch, read on. Stretching in the morning increases your blood circulation, flexibility, and posture, which translate to higher energy levels to tackle the day. Try a deep neck, shoulder, and hamstring stretch upon rising tomorrow morning.

2. Take a Vitamin D3 supplement.

Vitamins are all the rage right now and with that comes confusion on what to take and what not to take. More than half of Americans are low in Vitamin D and don’t even know it! Vitamin D is responsible for immunity, mineral absorption, protecting against disease, a healthy body weight, and much more.

3. Nosh on microgreens. 

For such petite greens, they pack a mighty punch. Microgreens are nutritional powerhouses and contain 40 times as much nutrients as their mature counterparts. These include the seedlings of arugula, cilantro, red cabbage, and other greens. All it takes is a handful sprinkled over your salad and you’re good to go!

4. Cook with coconut oil. 

Despite what you might have been told about the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil for cooking, it doesn’t beat coconut oil. Olive oil’s smoking point is way below coconut oil’s meaning that when heated the olive oil’s molecular structure and integrity begin to break down. Additionally, coconut oil is rich in lauric acid (only found in breast milk, otherwise), which helps our bodies fight viruses and bacteria like herpes and influenza.

5. Shoulderstands before bed. 

Finally! Yes, I am referring to hanging out upside down on your shoulders. This reverses the flow of gravity and lets all the blood and oxygen in your body travel to your head, resulting in a glowing effect on your skin. It has been shown that going upside down at least once a day improves circulation, leads to a decrease in depression, and an improvement in digestion. For best results hold for 30 seconds or more!

What is your favorite way to incorporate these healthy habits into your day?

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

You May Also Enjoy

10 Questions Men Are Too Embarrassed To Ask Their Doctor (But Should!)

Over decades of practice, I've seen plenty of men ask me questions with their eyes glued to the floor, quiet, and obviously embarrassed. I hope this list can help get some issues out in the open and  Read

About the Author
Tara Milhem, otherwise known as your personal Wellness Designer, guides women to their healthiest and most beautiful selves. Her philosophy SkinnybyTara focuses on eating for pleasure, health, energy, and beauty. Just like no one pair of skinny jeans fits all, no one diet fits all either. Follow Tara today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Pinterest for the latest tips to get you hot & healthy in no time!
Comments
Popular