10 Ways to Recharge Your Adrenals
Stress causes our bodies to go into fight-or-flight mode, and sends our adrenals into overdrive.
This is great for short bursts of time in a true emergency, but one of the major problems of living this way is that the body's "switch" gets stuck in emergency mode and we forget to turn it off.
Usually we are not even aware that we’ve been stuck in that place until we do finally stop.
It’s common to hear people complain that they got sick "the minute they stopped" and this is why.
Our bodies are literally holding on for dear life, holding stress, holding toxins – too scared to let go and when we finally do, it all comes out at once.
I like to think of our adrenals like batteries. We take from them every day and they need to be recharged each night.
If we drain too much and don’t recharge then conditions such as Adrenal Fatigue can result.
We need to get into the habit of turning off the "emergency switch" every single evening and looking after ourselves so much more on a weekly basis.
Use the upcoming break to give your adrenals the holiday they need to fully recharge and you’ll be bouncing back to work in the New Year.
10 ways to recharge your adrenals
1. Take 10 deep breaths, 3 times a day.
2. Get into nature – swim in the sea, walk outside.
3. Do gentle exercise – adrenals get burnt out from over-exercising.
4. Do something just for the pleasure it gives you.
5. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good.
6. Allow yourself to nap whenever you feel like it.
7. Get 20 minutes of sunshine everyday to boost your Vitamin D.
8. Get lost in a great novel.
9. Indulge in fresh summer fruit and vegetables.
10. Go to bed before 10pm.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
About the Author
Charlie Knoles helps you find meaning, happiness, and fulfillment in your life with this guided meditation.view course
This guided meditation course will teach you numerous meditation techniques that will change your life!view course
This nutrition course will teach you the basics to help you incorporate a plant-based diet into your everyday life!view course