10 Ways to Recharge Your Adrenals

Stress causes our bodies to go into fight-or-flight mode, and sends our adrenals into overdrive. 

This is great for short bursts of time in a true emergency, but one of the major problems of living this way is that the body's "switch" gets stuck in emergency mode and we forget to turn it off. 

Usually we are not even aware that we’ve been stuck in that place until we do finally stop. 

It’s common to hear people complain that they got sick "the minute they stopped" and this is why. 

Our bodies are literally holding on for dear life, holding stress, holding toxins – too scared to let go and when we finally do, it all comes out at once.

I like to think of our adrenals like batteries. We take from them every day and they need to be recharged each night. 

If we drain too much and don’t recharge then conditions such as Adrenal Fatigue can result.

We need to get into the habit of turning off the "emergency switch" every single evening and looking after ourselves so much more on a weekly basis.

Use the upcoming break to give your adrenals the holiday they need to fully recharge and you’ll be bouncing back to work in the New Year.

10 ways to recharge your adrenals

1. Take 10 deep breaths, 3 times a day. 

2. Get into nature – swim in the sea, walk outside.  

3. Do gentle exercise – adrenals get burnt out from over-exercising. 

4. Do something just for the pleasure it gives you. 

5. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good. 

6. Allow yourself to nap whenever you feel like it. 

7. Get 20 minutes of sunshine everyday to boost your Vitamin D. 

8. Get lost in a great novel. 

9. Indulge in fresh summer fruit and vegetables. 

10. Go to bed before 10pm. 

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

You May Also Enjoy

5 Weight Loss Tips That Don't Cost A Dime

“Between those appetite-curbing supplements and healthy foods, I feel like I'm spending half my paycheck to lose weight,” my friend said, showing me a recent grocery receipt. Read

To learn more about dealing with stress or detoxes, check out our video courses How To Manage Stress With Meditation and 14-Day Detox.
About the Author
Experiencing Adrenal Fatigue after 13 years in the corporate world of advertising, Amanda surrendered from the fast-paced life and followed her passion instead. A myriad of health conditions fell away as soon as stress was eliminated and a renewed sense of purpose sprung forth. After studying at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, she now works as a Holistic Health Coach, helping busy women fuel their lives with health, pleasure and bundles of energy. Connect with her at FueluUrbanWellness.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/fuelurbanwellness  and Twitter @fuelurban.
Comments
Popular