Why Probiotics Will Make You Healthy & Beautiful
Want radiant health and natural beauty? Consider taking a probiotic daily. Probiotics are "live microorganisms," which can balance out the bacteria in your digestive system.
Your digestive system has "good and "bad" bacteria, and maintaining the correct balance between the two is essential for optimal health. This little eco-system of bacteria aids in digestion, helps assimilate vitamins and nutrients, eliminates toxins and promotes a strong immune system.
What causes the bacteria to become unbalanced? Poor food choices, emotional stress, lack of sleep, medications, diseases and an unbalanced lifestyle.
How can an unbalance of bacteria affect you? An imbalance can cause fatigue, a weak immune system, skin problems, allergic reactions, disease, upset stomach and muscle pain.
The benefits of taking a Probiotic?
- Builds a strong immune system which will be effective in fighting off disease and infection.
- Promotes a healthy digestive system - when your digestive tract is healthy, it can easily eliminate things that can damage it, such as harmful bacteria, toxins, chemicals, and other waste products.
- Your body will be more nourished as vitamins and minerals will be able to be absorbed much easier.
- Will clear up your skin, giving you a beautiful radiant glow.
- Alkalises your body, making you more clean and balanced.
- Your energy will be increased
- Will help eliminate bloating and heartburn.
Foods that Contain Probiotics:
- Green Pickles
- Dark Chocolate
- Spirulina and Chlorella
- Miso Soup
- Kombucha Tea
You can buy a probiotic supplement to take every day, make sure you invest in a high quality supplement. Alternatively you can make my Probiotic Cabbage Elixir and drink it twice a day.
A Recipe for Probiotic Cabbage Elixir
Probiotic Cabbage Elixir
Fill blender with chopped green cabbage and add distilled water until about 2/3 full.
Mix at high speed in the blender for one minute.
Pour mixture into bowl and repeat with two more batches.
Cover with Saran wrap or similar material and let stand at room temperature.
After 3 days, the cabbage juice solution is ready to use.
Strain the mixture to separate the liquid from the pulp.
Place the cultured cabbage juice in refrigerator.
Drink 1/2 cup of this solution diluted with an equal part of water 2 or 3 times each day.
When the supply gets low, make second batch just like the first one, except add 1/2 cup of the juice from the first batch to the second batch.
This batch will be ready in just 24 hours since the starter greatly speeds the process.
A Recipe for Live Sauerkraut
- 2 large cabbages (Reserve 3-4 large leaves)
- 2 large onions
- Vegetables and spices in season, such as carrots, beets, radish, curry powder, ginger and garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Celtic salt
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Glass jars that have been sterilized
Shred the cabbage and other vegetables in a food processor. Put the shredded vegetables in a large bowl with the other ingredients.
The liquids should just about cover the top of the ingredients.
Put a lid on the container or cover it in saran wrap.
Within a few hours, liquids should cover the top of the shredded mixture (if it did not cover to start with). If there is not enough cabbage juice, add cold filtered water with lemon juice / vinegar to cover.
Leave to ferment at room temperature for 3 - 5 days.
Transfer to sterilized bottles.
Leave 1 inch (about 3 cm) at the top and place a folded cabbage leaf on top and seal bottles.
Sauerkraut may need to be stored in the refrigerator if you live in a hot climate, but most refrigerators are too cold to allow it to mature properly. The ideal storage is about the same as for a fine bottle of wine. Sauerkraut ideally needs at least six months to fully mature. Once lid is opened store the bottle in the fridge.
About the Author
MBG Approved Products