10 Things to Do Every Day (According to My 8 Year-Old Sister)
Grace dances through life and always has. She is one of my favorite people to hang out with because she is funny and inquisitive and kind and tender and so thoughtful, but also because the things that come out of her too-wise-to-only-be-in-3rd-grade mouth have a way of wrapping themselves around my heart -- as if Truth were placing her hands on my cheeks, looking me straight in the eye and sharing the golden secrets of the Universe. 

OK, maybe that is a little overstated, but there is something quite remarkable about this kid who teaches me to love enthusiastically with an open heart, to be captivated by the wonder within every day, to play and laugh and sing and eat ice cream. By watching how she moves through her life, I am inspired to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

So it didn’t surprise me when she came up with this list of “Top 10 Things To Do Every Day”. In my heart I have renamed them the “Top 10 Ways to Find My Inner Grace.”
  1. be calm
  2. be helpful
  3. be nice
  4. be grateful
  5. don’t show off
  6. don’t let meanness get to you
  7. don’t put down
  8. don’t brag
  9. like others
  10. love God
What's on your list?

You May Also Enjoy

8 Truths To Accept Before You Can Be Happy

Many of my coaching clients first come to me looking for the epiphany: that instant moment when you have it figured out, and all of the emotional pain is wiped away with clarity. Sometimes it happens  Read

To learn more about how to have a great relationship or happiness, check out our video courses How To Have The Greatest Relationship Of Your Life and How To Create More Happiness & Meaning In Your Life.
About the Author
While still an Indiana girl at heart, Jennifer is a yoga teacher in San Francisco who loves to laugh until it hurts, eat good food, travel to wherever the sun is shining, snuggle with her Labradoodle, Ruby, and spend as much time as possible with friends and family. She teaches in San Francisco and leads workshops around the country, sharing the practice of Bhakti Flow, the yoga of love and devotion.
Comments
Popular