An Ayurvedic Formula to Nourish You
Triphala is an Ayurvedic formula made from the powder of three fruits: Amalaki, Haritaki, and Bibhitaki. The literal translation of the Sanskrit word “triphala” is “three fruits.”
Triphala’s benefits are so widely known and practiced in India, that there is even a popular folk saying about it:
No mother? Do not worry, as long as you have Triphala in your life!
The reason? Indian people believe that Triphala is able to care for the human body’s internal organs, specifically, the intestinal tract, as a mother cares for her own children.
For thousands and thousands of years, triphala has been used in the Ayurvedic system of healing. With it’s unique properties of both cleansing and rebuilding the gastro-intestinal tract, resulting in also a mild laxative.
When taking triphala, you are giving your intestines the nutrients to pollinate vibrant conditions for a healthy system for a healthy bowel movement! Optimal organ usage means you’re going poop at least twice a day.
Each of the three fruits of Triphala takes care of the body by gently promoting internal cleansing from conditions of stagnation and excess while at the same time improving digestion and assimilation.
I personally love Micahel Tierra’s “Tri-Cleanse” Complete Internal Cleanser Powder. It has all the components of Triphala PLUS psyllium and flax. I take this as part of my morning ritual.
So why is Triphala good for humans to take on a daily basis as part of one’s wellness routine? And why is it important to have healthy and thriving organs?
Let’s get break Triphala down to it’s core. The three fruits that Triphala is made up of is again: Amalaki, Hariraki and Bibhitaki.
- Rich in Vitamin C: builds immunity and serves as an antioxidant that removes harmful toxins from the body.
- Helps to strengthen and nourish the lungs and the respiratory tract by removing mucus.
- Induces iron that aids blood circulation and maintains proper functioning of the heart.
- Its detox function helps in the formation of fresh tissues in the intestinal tract that leads to glowing and radiant skin.
- Has five rasas aka “tastes”: sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent and astringent.
- Stimulates the functioning of the digestive system and sensory organs.
- Effective in combating piles, anaemia, gastro-intestinal problems and gall stones.
- Acts as a blood purifier and curbs hemorrhage.
- An internal cleanser removing harmful toxins and excess fats out of the body.
- Has anti-viral and anti-bacterial abilities.
- Nurtures voice quality and improves eyesight
- Hair roots are strengthened with enriched hair color.
If one does not have a healthy gastro intestinal tract, it is amazing how much the body can hold in terms of weight, baggage, old remnants of undigested food and dry waste that is just sitting there, laying dormant, sleeping, numbed out.
The body is quite a fascinating mechanism! If not taken care of, properly, the once effective and efficient “letting go process” of the body begins to close its eyes and get sleepy... that’s when things start to get sour and go downhill towards dis-ease.
We want our bodies to be vibrant, breathing, and ALIVE, skin, hair, limbs, toes, organs, all of it! On a physical level, mental level, emotional level, and energetic level—take care of your intestines and check out this stuff, TRIPHALA!
About the Author
21 hours, 32 minutes ago
one day, one hour ago
one day, 4 hours ago
2 days, 4 hours ago