Kale is one of the hottest "superfoods" right now as it's loaded with nutrients (it has an "ANDI" score of 1000) and is absolutely delicious. With summer coming, this Kale & Avocado recipe from Whole Foods Market is the perfect answer for a light and delicious meal that you can prepare in just a few minutes. Most of the ingredients can be found in the produce section.
Approximately 4 servings
- 2 lbs chopped kale (make sure thick stem is removed and discarded)
- ½ lb red onion, diced
- ½ lb red bell pepper, diced
- 3 avocado
- 3 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Mash the avocado pulp with the lemon juice, salt and pepper until well-combined and smooth. Alternatively, you can process together in a food processor.
- Combine the avocado lemon mixture with the vegetables. It is actually easiest to use your hands to ensure that the kale is well-coated with the avocado dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If you prefer a creamier texture, use more avocado.
For more delicious and healthy recipes, you can check out Whole Foods Market's Recipe Index