5 Tips to Step Up Your Summer Yoga Practice
Want to take your yoga practice up a notch this summer? Here are a few simple tips to get you started:
1. Hydrate. Stay ahead of your thirst and drink water. For hot yogi practitioners, try coconut water, loaded with the electrolytes potassium and sodium, or Electo-Mix, with potassium and magnesium. Both can help to re-establish an electrolyte imbalance after a sweaty practice.
2. Breathe. Take deep breaths, especially Ujjayi pranayama, which help to keep all organs functioning properly and the nervous system calm on hot humid days.
3. Set an intention for August. There are still four weeks of summer left, and you can use this time to re-align and center yourself. Ask yourself: what goals or intentions need re-visiting? And then set that intention with each practice.
4. Schedule a private. Invest in yourself with one of your favorite instructors, someone whose advice you trust and respect. Then, use the hour to see where you need more awareness and effort to evolve. All evolution requires practice, discipline and concentration.
5. Be one with your self. Use the sounds and scenes of nature to help you get back to your nature. Take advantage of the extra sun time, and find a place to watch the sun set in silence. Be at one with your inner light and that from which our planet finds its nourishment.
Mats off to you! (Meaning, take your practice off the mat as well!)
About the Author
MBG Approved Products