8 Dirty Little Confessions of a Yoga Teacher
Just when you thought you knew what I was thinking during yoga class :)
1. That mini page of “notes” at the front of my mat? Actually, it’s my grocery list. Oops - must have been a long day! And that vinyasa we just powered through? Invented on the spot.
2. I’m going home to eat a half-pint of Ben & Jerry’s after class… and not even that froyo healthy version. We’re talking Double Fudge Brownie goodness!
3. Even for me, savasana can be a challenge. Unfortunately, that 200-hour teacher training doesn’t provide an “off” button for a highly-active monkey mind.
4. Sometimes, I step out of a pose to “make adjustments” because my legs are burnin’ in that Warrior II we’re holding! I’m cruel, I know...
5. Contrary to the popular belief that all (or at least, most) yoga instructors are vegans or vegetarians, I happen to feel that burgers, red wine, carbs (especially the sourdough variety) and rich cheeses are sensational.
6. When I practice at home by myself, I’m all about the restorative, easy going, OMG-that-feels-amazing style of yoga. In other words, you won’t catch me sitting in Chair or holding any crazy arm balances for longer than a breath or two.
7. The more laughs, heavy sighs, and deep exhales I hear in class, the better I feel. When you’re working, relaxing and having fun, I’m a happy little yogi.
8. Never, not even once, have I ever taught a class and wished I could be doing something else. We say it about pizza and sex, but in this case, even a “bad” yoga class is still pretty awesome in my book. If I’m totally honest with you, I practice to feed my teaching, but I teach to feed my life.
To learn more about yoga, check out The Complete Guide To Yoga With Tara Stiles.
About the Author
Charlie Knoles helps you find meaning, happiness, and fulfillment in your life with this guided meditation.view course
This guided meditation course will teach you numerous meditation techniques that will change your life!view course
This nutrition course will teach you the basics to help you incorporate a plant-based diet into your everyday life!view course