22 Amazing Ways Kombucha Can Help Heal You
Kombucha is a fermented tea, an ancient elixir which has been consumed for over 2,000 years all over the world, studied and applied for a number of medical uses in countries such as Russia, Germany and China. Kombucha is naturally carbonated and has a variety of healing properties. It’s totally natural and is filled with amino acids and probiotics. (Did you know the meaning of probiotic is “for life” and unlike antibiotics, probiotics re-establish the natural ecology of the intestinal flora and are said to boost immunity, enhance mood, fight allergies and detoxify and rid the body of disease.) Kombucha has an acquired taste which is very similar to vinegar and may be quite acrid for some people, however it’s pretty easy to get used to once you have started drinking it on a regular basis.
Preparing Kombucha takes time and patience. You must create the correct temperatures and follow strict hygiene, so the tea doesn’t become contaminated. If you’re serious about making your own brew, rather than purchasing it commercially, then I’d advise you to invest in a Kombucha heater. This keeps the tea consistently warm which is a vital part of the fermenting process, especially if you live in a climate where the temperatures vary considerably.
Once I began brewing, I became the Kombucha queen. I had a never-ending supply of Kombucha cultures (also known as scobys), so many I couldn’t give them all away!
Listed below are some of the wonderful ways which Kombucha can revitalize your life. Please remember that the benefits you experience may vary from person to person.
1. Probiotics – healthy bacteria
2. Alkalize the body – balances internal pH
3. Detoxify the liver – happy liver = happy mood
4. Increase metabolism – rev your internal engine
5. Improve digestion – keep your system moving
6. Rebuild connective tissue – help with arthritis, gout, asthma, rheumatism
7. Cancer prevention
8. Alleviate constipation
9. Boost energy – help with chronic fatigue
10. Reduce blood pressure
11. Relieve headaches & migraines
12. Reduce kidney stones
13. High in antioxidants – destroy free-radicals that cause cancer
14. High in polyphenols – antioxidants
15. Improve eyesight
16. Heal eczema – can be applied topically to soften the skin
17. Prevent artheriosclerosis – a disease where plaque builds up inside the arteries.
18. Speed healing of ulcers – kill h.pylori on contact
19. Help clear up candida & yeast infections
20. Aid healthy cell regeneration
21. Reduce grey hair
22. Lower glucose levels – prevent spiking from eating
About the Author
one day, 4 hours ago
2 days, one hour ago
3 days, 3 hours ago
4 days, 2 hours ago
6 days, 22 hours ago