15 Confidence-Boosting Quotes!
It’s no secret that there is a serious lack of self-confidence all around us. Blame it on the media, high divorce rates, unloving homes or excessive airbrushing – the sad truth is that we live in a culture where low self-esteem is the norm.
In an effort to break the cycle of negative thinking, I try to start each week with a new intention, purposefully working on something over the next seven days. This week, my intention is all about loving myself: “When I look in the mirror, I will see nothing but Beauty and Strength.”
It’s going to be a big challenge, but I compiled this list to help me (and you, if you join me…) along the way. It’s about time we stop criticizing ourselves and start loving the perfectly imperfect beings that we truly are, don’t you agree?
Here are 15 daily reminders to celebrate the unique and beautiful being that is YOU.
1. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don't wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” - Alan Cohen
2. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” - Norman Vincent Peale
3. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” - Oscar Wilde
4. “Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got.” - Sophia Loren
5. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally it occurred to me, I'm either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren't attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” - Queen Latifah
6. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” - Buddha
7. “Think like a queen. A queen if not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah
8. “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?” - Goldie Hawn
9. “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” - Alan Cohen
10. “Don't you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.” - Jo Blackwell-Preston
11. “I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” - Hafiz
12. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” - Wayne Dyer
13. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!" - Eckhart Tolle
15. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson
What's your favorite confidence-boosting quote?
About the Author
18 hours, 2 minutes ago
one day, 10 hours ago
one day, 17 hours ago
one day, 18 hours ago
one day, 18 hours ago