10 Quotes to Inspire Your Leap of Faith
When I first thought about the idea of taking a leap of faith, I questioned the meaning of the word “faith.” Some say it is a noble and virtuous act characterized by strength of soul and spirit, whereas others more skeptically define faith as “belief without evidence.”
Ultimately, for me, “faith” is synonymous with inner trust and confidence. Thus, taking a leap of faith is essentially a personal willingness to take a chance. The most difficult part? Trusting in one’s own strength and ability to handle whatever that leap might bring because, let’s face it: change can be terrifying.
And yet, I want to take chances. I dream of making big changes. Because while its scary to leave what’s safe, it’s even more frightening to contemplate a life unfulfilled.
If the title of this article spoke to you in any way, you may already be contemplating a personal transformation. Or perhaps you are mid-leap. Either way, we can all use a little inspiration as we contemplate acting on our dreams.
1. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” - Louise E. Boone
2. “Those who wish to sing will always find a song.” - Celtic Proverb
3. “Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?” - Rumi
4. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” - Benjamin Franklin
5. “Transformation is something I cannot explain - too much analysis might destroy it.” - Sophia Loren
6. “Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.” - Swedish Proverb
7. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Harold Whitman
8. “Be at least as interested in what goes on inside you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.” - Eckhart Tolle
9. “Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be only afraid of standing still.” - Chinese Proverb
10. “Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music.” - Eddie Vedder
About the Author
15 hours, 40 minutes ago
16 hours, 5 minutes ago
16 hours, 6 minutes ago
one day, 15 hours ago
one day, 16 hours ago