5 Things to Be Aware of Before You Gossip
Gossiping and talking about other people and their lives never really interested me much. Living in Los Angeles, CA, I thought talking sh*t was just an LA thing—low and behold, little miss naïve of me failed to realize that talking sh*t is actually a world wild phenomenon. Negative drama really is a bore… and in actually it says more about the person doing it than the actual person of topic. That’s what those sneaky bad mothers have yet to realize. I once had someone I mistakenly admired talk nasty about me. It was a really sad moment when I heard it down the grapevine. Words hurt and there are no take backs. Often negativity is projected out due to some sort of inner turmoil of anger, resentment, frustration and/or jealousy. Watch your mouth and what comes out of it— isn’t there a saying that goes something like whatever you do, comes back to you times two? Here are some things to be aware of when you find yourself about to spew out unnecessary garbage out into the world.
1. What goes around comes around. Heard of that? What you put out is what you will receive. If you’re known to be a bad mouther, first of all—no one is going to trust you. If you’re talking smack about Person A, B, C, D and E, who knows what you’re saying about person F as soon as they turn around? Your words define your character. Who wants to be known as a gossiper? Who wants to be friends with a gossiper? Not me. I want people around me that I can trust.
2. Spend the time you waste on judging others to judge yourself. You can’t fix any one else, but you sure can adjust your own unconscious habits. Might as well start with your attitude. Nobody like a Negative Nancy—it’s a real weight to be around. Clean your insides.
3. Think before your speak. Ask yourself:
- Is it helpful?
- Is it necessary?
- Is it kind?
- Will you be doing a disservice or service by your words of choice?
4. As my friend Daniel says, for clear communication use this equation: Satya plus Ahimsa. If you want to be known for being a (wo)man of character and integrity, speak consciously and knowingly. And hey, if you still want to talk crap—then as long as you know that you’re doing it, you’re the one that has to live with yourself for the rest of your life. So, whatever floats your boat and makes you feel like a better person.
5. It’s a Universal Law that like attracts like. Pick your friends like you pick your fruit. Be wise with who is around you. They’re not only representing themselves as a singular unit, but also the collective as a whole. One bad apple will ruin an entire pie. There’s a statistic that says something like every person is the average of the top 5 people they spend the most time with. It makes sense right? Be honest, be real and don’t talk sh*t. don’t fake the funk y’all! Peace.
To learn more about meditation, check out The Essential Guide To Meditation With Charlie Knoles.
About the Author
This guided meditation course will teach you numerous meditation techniques that will change your life!view course
This nutrition course will teach you the basics to help you incorporate a plant-based diet into your everyday life!view course
MBG Approved Products