15 Tools for a Happier and More Connected You

What elements of the creative feminine do you need to play with (listening to your body, honoring your emotions, feeling what you feel)? The list below are tips that are helpful for men and women, because we all have a feminine side.

Here are some things I do to tune in:

1. Journal writing and affirmations: I am flawed and fabulous (for self-acceptance)

2. Develop my inner coach – write a letter from my 80 year old self to me now

3. Fire the Inner Critic and let negativity be overridden by loving messages from Inner Coach

4. Time alone, quiet time in nature, more attunement to inner self

5. Get some soothing rest, nap, gentle music, breathing and centering, find my core again

6.  Dance and sing, celebrate life with movement and song

7. Dialogue with my Wise Inner Self:  when I’m in a quandary, over a decision

8. Self-love – practise compassion, loving kindness, forgiveness for mistakes (my own & others)

9. Soothe the frightened child in me by rocking my fear and anger

10. Patience as a practice – move at the slower rate of my body than my overactive mind

11. Whole body healthy eating: happy healthy whole

12. Increase intuition and body guidance, listen to the body

13. Wean myself from my addiction to adrenaline rush, speed demon - the art of slowing down

14. Inner peace – finding a daily practice I can live with

15. Make a written vow to Self: commitment to conscious self care

You May Also Enjoy

The ONLY Ways To Deal With Relationship Conflicts In A Healthy Way

Conflict! The very word often brings up fear. Yet all relationships have it. It's not the conflicts themselves that cause problems in relationships — they're inevitable. But it's how two people deal  Read

To learn more about how to have a great relationship or meditation, check out our video courses How To Have The Greatest Relationship Of Your Life and The Essential Guide To Meditation.
About the Author

Jennifer Boire is a recovering perfectionist, the author of The Tao of Turning Fifty, and leads retreats and Creative Journaling classes for women in the Montreal area. 

Comments
Popular