5 Tips to Get More Hours in Your Day
How many times have you thought, said or heard, "If only there were a few more hours in the day!" As a holistic health coach, actress and producer, I mostly work from home and am my own boss, CEO, CFO, administrative assistant, receptionist, office manager, advertising agency, fashion stylist, maid, chef, etc! I know how easy it is to get distracted and procrastinate. I have often found time to do anything but what I REALLY need to get done.

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have more time to do things I enjoy like painting (when’s the last time you had time for your hobby?!), try new fitness classes (I recently tried buff yoga!), host dinner parties and read at least one of the books I have piled up on my coffee table.

With this in mind, here are some tips for making the most of your time which will in turn, maximize your life. To be healthier and have a happier and less stressful life, manage your time, don’t let it manage you!

Top 5 Tips to Manage Your Time:

1. Keep a “To Do” List

Schedule and make it happen! To stay organized, make a list first thing in the morning or last thing before going to bed. For instant gratification, cross off items as you finish them.

No more than 10 items, keep it realistic. Break big tasks into smaller tasks (so you aren’t overwhelmed!). If you don’t finish everything, no problem! Just put them on tomorrow’s list.

2. Prioritize Your Tasks

Find a system that works for you. For example, use an A-B-C or 1-2-3 rating system to represent priorities on your "to do" lists or use a high-lighter.

Don’t forget about the small tasks – they can give a sense of accomplishment and help motivation; overlooked small tasks can become larger tasks.

3. Take Breaks

Include time for relaxation, sleep, eating, exercise and fun!

A break is necessary to stay focused and energized to work creatively and effectively (certainly not a waste of time) so be sure to schedule them!

4. Manage Distractions

Turn off cell phones, IM’s, emails, etc when necessary to help you focus.

Limit Facebook to a planned time and duration each day.

5. Set Goals

Set both short term and long term goals - WRITE THEM DOWN!

Pay attention to your "big picture"- Is the task helping you achieve your long-term goals?

You May Also Enjoy

5 Signs Your Diet Isn’t Working For You

These days, choosing a diet is more complicated than ever before. Not only are you deciding what kind of food you’ll eat, but it can often also feel like you’re choosing a fundamental part of your  Read

About the Author

Abby Phon is a Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach, internationally best selling author and public speaker. She received her training at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. She is certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and is a member of the International Association for Health Coaches. Abby leads corporate workshops on nutrition and lifestyle, conducts food tours, cooking demonstrations and offers individual health and nutrition coaching around the world. She co-authored the gluten free and healthy cookbook, “Balance for Busy Moms: Cook Your Way to Health.” Her recipes and articles have been published globally by Conscious Divas, Cafe Gratitude, All Things Healing, EatSmart Products and more. Abby is also a Beauty Ecologist for Pangea Organic Skin Care and a distributor for Young Living Essential Oils.

Comments
Popular