3 Reasons Yoga Teachers May View the Universe as Benevolent
First, let's start with two varying opinions from two great scientists:

"The more I learn about the universe, the less convinced I am that there's any sort of benevolent force that has anything to do with it, at all."

— Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist. 

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein  

3 reasons:

1. because it is benevolent! Then that's that.  

2. because it's not benevolent! If it's not, maybe a macro view delusion makes life happier!

3. because yoga students benefit from that positive opinion flowing from their teacher as a result of         that benevolent universe belief.  

So as a yoga teacher I choose to subscribe that our universe is benevolent. Yes, all sorts of stuff happens, asteroids can visit us, so a dinosaur may disagree, but their blood became our energy to build our current civilization. So the net net, at the end of the day, may be benevolence?

The universe was slow in manifesting us humans! (it took 99.99% of known time!) The universe knows patience. As yoga teachers our patience may serve us and our students by viewing the universe as a benevolent place.

What are the benefits of believing in an unprovable benevolent universe?

Even though it's an opinion formed from data that cannot be proven at this time, it creates a grounding and foundation of positive energy and a positive world view for ourselves and our students.

To learn more about yoga, check out our video course The Complete Guide To Yoga With Tara Stiles.
About the Author
Fergus teaches yoga because he believes it brings you physical strength & flexibility and emotional centering.
NEW!
Sheryl Paul, counselor and bestselling author, gives you the tools to transform a good relationship into the best relationship of your life.
view course
Whether you're brand new to yoga or a long-time practitioner, this course provides everything you need!
view course
This guided meditation course will teach you numerous meditation techniques that will change your life!
view course
This nutrition course will teach you the basics to help you incorporate a plant-based diet into your everyday life!
view course
Comments