Save

2009 Holiday Gift Guide: Body

• SHARES
From iPhone apps, to yoga mats, to vegan treats, to espresso makers, there's something for everyone -- at every budget -- on the MBG BODY Holiday Gift Guide.

Jade's yoga mats are nonslip, eco-friendly, and favorites of MBG friends and yogis like Tara Stiles and Erica Heinz. They are also made right here in the USA. We love the Fusion because of its extra padding—which makes it easy on the knees. $99.95
"Nice booty. Great sole." is the tagline of Reebok's EasyTone sneakers. Two air pockets are strategically placed under the balls of the feet, allowing natural instability to better engage your legs and glutes and thereby making everyday walking an even more engaging exercise. The silver sneaks are hot! $105
All you need is some hot water to get started with this sleek manual espresso maker from Presso, as it requires no electricity. It's also made from recycled aluminum. Be like Laird Hamilton and enjoy an espresso before your morning workout. $140
Now that you're all set with your espresso, we might as well take care of your drip coffee needs with Blue Bottle Coffee. I'm a big fan of their organic Chiapas blend, but you can't go wrong with anything here. If you've ever passed their Hayes Valley location in San Francisco, you'll know Blue Bottle is easy to spot, as there's a constant line of patrons outside their garage-like storefront. I miss my Saturday morning trips there, but the good news is that they ship to NYC. $17.75
Disclaimer: My wife got this Score Jacket for me for my birthday, and I pretty much wear it every day. Well, I guess that's not really a disclaimer. It's perfect for heading to yoga class or the gym and is super-comfy. It also has just enough style to cross over to everyday wear. $105
We became big fans of Kopali Organics as soon as we discovered them recently. Goji berries are good (and healthy), but when you cover them with organic chocolate, they are to die for. And they make the perfect stocking stuffer. $3.99
If you're beginning mat Pilates at home, then a DVD is probably the way to go. And if this is the case, there's no better way to start then with our friend Kristin McGee and her Pilates for Beginners DVD. $11.99
Vegans and nonvegans alike will love these delectable, gluten-free, soy-free, agave-sweetened cupcakes, cookies, and now doughnuts from NYC's famous Babycakes bakery. Did I mention doughnuts? With flavors like maple-glazed and cinnamon sugar, I'm salivating right now. One taste and you'll understand why celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow, Natalie Portman, and Zooey Deschanel are all Babycakes fans. And now they ship. Prices vary.
This gift set from Pangea Organics fits all your winter skin needs, with facial cleanser, facial scrub, facial mask, lip balm, and eye cream—all made with 100 percent organic ingredients. And get this: The gift box itself is made from 100 percent post-consumer newsprint without glues or dyes and is mixed with the seeds of a spruce tree. Out of the box and into your garden! $100
The perfect book for the foodie - with some of the world's best and most famous chefs, like Thomas Keller, Dan Barber, Eric Ripert, Rick Bayless, Mario Batali and more - answers one of our favorite questions: If tomorrow was your last day on Earth, what would you want for your last meal? What do a lot of their answers have in common? A focus on simple, organic ingredients, eaten "slow food" style This book is a permanent fixture on my coffee table. $26

Photos courtesy of photo credit © 2006-9, FrankenyImages.com

Explore More