Make use of seasonal juicy pears, spicy cinnamon and hearty oats in this warming baked oatmeal that serves a crowd while keeping their bellies full and nourished. You can even prep this oatmeal the night before (just leave out the pecans till the next morning) and pop it in the oven when you wake up.
Pear & Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup (depending on your sweetness preferences)
- 2 ripe pears, 1 diced and 1 sliced lengthwise for garnishing top
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
1. Place rolled oats in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let oats sit and absorb the water, about 10 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the mixture.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
3. Once oats have thickened and absorbed all the water, add in the mashed banana, maple syrup, diced pear, pecans, almond milk, spices, and sea salt. Stir to gently combine. Pour oatmeal into baking dish greased with coconut oil. top with sliced pear, and drizzle with melted coconut oil.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until oats and have slightly browned.
Photo courtesy of the author